are they still good?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DragunzGirl, Aug 9, 2008.

1. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Ok, i got some eggs the other day. I got a friend to go to a auction and she picked up a dozen eggs for me. Well I got them 2 days after that and put them right in my incubator.

Well before i put them in my incubator i put a flash light up to them to see if i can see any thing, well it was all red. There was a med sized dark area in there, does that mean they were incubated before i got them? I have incubated bird eggs before mostly finch eggs and never seen that before i incubated them.

Here is a pic if you can see it, it looks a little diff on the pic than what it looks like to my eggs here. And ya i moved a tad when taking the pic sorry.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    It's hard to tell at this point, I'd just throw them in the bator and see what they look like in a few more days. It won't hurt to give them a chance.

3. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    k, i will i know it takes a while to show any thing. I'll just keep a eye on them.

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    They're probably fine... put them in the incubator and then candle again in 7-8 days. [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    There isn't any way to tell if they are good or not until you incubate them for awhile. I'm sure they are just fine. The fertility rate stays fairly high for up to 7 days, then it starts dropping. Stick them in the bator and candle in 10 days. You'll know by then if they are good or not. Good luck! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] !!!

6. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    Thanks alot everyone [​IMG] i'll keep you updated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by