are Townline's Isa-Browns good????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Taylor, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    i was wanting their started pullets this year, are they good consistent brown egg layers all year round?

2. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    A lot of people around here have them as Townline is based in Michigan--they select their stock based on hardiness. And yes, they lay year round in Michigan, at a higher latitude with only 8 hrs of sunlight during the winter.

There's a thread on here somewhere about how great Townline's ISAs are, but I don't know the title. Maybe play around with the Search function.

3. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    I have gotten Townline's Isa red chicks before, they lay nice large eggs year round. Hope that helped.[​IMG]

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

They are terrific. I'll be getting more in 6 months. Easy on food, great conversion, huge eggs, every day. Super friendly. Quite the little flock bosses, but that comes with territory. It's likely the RIR heritage in them.

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

I'd buy the chicks, myself. They'll be laying in 4 months anyhow. I do not like de-beaked birds. That's just me.

6. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I have raised them for years. Last year in 365 days I had 3 hens that laid 930 eggs. Townline starts hatching ISA Browns in 2 week. You will not be disapointed.

7. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Townline has excellent ISAs. Egg a day girls year-round, active, good foraging instincts if given the opportunity, friendly, intelligent (for chickens [​IMG] ). I too would go with chicks, however.

8. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    Very happy with them. I have 15 and raised up 3 more for the neighbor. I ordered 100 in all and sold the rest. Everyone that bought the birds just raves about how great they are. And we are in northern NV probably over 2500 miles away...shipping and packaging was fantastic, no losses at all. And the staff is very friendly, helpful, and concerned that you get what you want.

9. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Are these chickens flighty or docile? How is their temperament?

10. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    For the most part mine are sweet hens. I have one that is relegated to low hen on the totem pole and she tends to sleep away from the others. But otherwise they all get along, greet me at the gate when they see me, share well with even the bantams, ...I rarely have any problems with behavior.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by