are Townline's Isa-Browns good????

Taylor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 14, 2008
i was wanting their started pullets this year, are they good consistent brown egg layers all year round?

A lot of people around here have them as Townline is based in Michigan--they select their stock based on hardiness. And yes, they lay year round in Michigan, at a higher latitude with only 8 hrs of sunlight during the winter.

There's a thread on here somewhere about how great Townline's ISAs are, but I don't know the title. Maybe play around with the Search function.

I have gotten Townline's Isa red chicks before, they lay nice large eggs year round. Hope that helped.
smile.png

I have raised them for years. Last year in 365 days I had 3 hens that laid 930 eggs. Townline starts hatching ISA Browns in 2 week. You will not be disapointed.

Townline has excellent ISAs. Egg a day girls year-round, active, good foraging instincts if given the opportunity, friendly, intelligent (for chickens
lol.png
). I too would go with chicks, however.

Very happy with them. I have 15 and raised up 3 more for the neighbor. I ordered 100 in all and sold the rest. Everyone that bought the birds just raves about how great they are. And we are in northern NV probably over 2500 miles away...shipping and packaging was fantastic, no losses at all. And the staff is very friendly, helpful, and concerned that you get what you want.

For the most part mine are sweet hens. I have one that is relegated to low hen on the totem pole and she tends to sleep away from the others. But otherwise they all get along, greet me at the gate when they see me, share well with even the bantams, ...I rarely have any problems with behavior.

Back
Top Bottom