Are we all little girls??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SandyK, Jun 9, 2010.

1. SandyK

SandyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Could some of the experts please check my little chicks to make sure there are no Roos lurking among them. I supposedly did buy all females, so I am hoping they are going to grow up to be good Hens!! Thanks so much. They will be 6 weeks old on the 13th of June.

Muffin
    [​IMG]

Baby
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Group Shot
    [​IMG]
    Good One of all three Silver Laced
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Girls - I think. The only one I kind of question is #6. Did you buy them as Stright Run and get lucky? Or, were they all sup. to be pullets?

3. SandyK

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Jojo, yes, they were all bought as pullets. That last picture is #6 too and then the group shot above it, she is in with the 3 black and white ones. I was nervous about her too. Little tiny wattles showing under her chin. I'm praying no Roos, already have one and that's it.

Thanks for your response!!

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    #6 is looking Roo-ish to me too, but I hope I'm wrong [​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    #6 is suspect for a boy, but the others look like girls.

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Cute fuzzybutts but #6 does look (ssshhhh) don't tell Momma. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SandyK

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    I'm trying again. Here are some more pictures of my silver laced. Is it unreasonable to try and guess at 6 weeks maybe?? Look at these babies all snuggled, how would I ever be able to give one away!! That's the hard part, you get so attached to them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Why do you only want one roo. Oh yeah because you only need one. I would never get 1 roo. And if you have one and it's allowed than more than one are allowed. What's so bad about two roos other than crowing and fighting? If it is a roo please don't get rid of it! Everyone should have more than one roo. So? They crow and fight and don't lay eggs. But more roos = more peeps = more hens and roos = more eggs and peeps = no more buying chickens = more money and fun! So get more roos!

9. SandyK

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    It's not that I wouldn't want them, I have neighbors that are pretty close. Our lot is 1 acre. Guess I just don't want to upset the apple cart, so far no problems from anyone. Neighbor that is closest, I give him free eggs whenever he wants them. We call them "hush eggs" ;-) We live in a development, luckily we back up to the woods, where I have the coop. But it is pretty close to the side of his house where the bedroom is!!!

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I couldn't get rid of my "pullet" when "she" turned into a "he." Just look at him now!!!
    Side view:
    [​IMG]

Front view:
    [​IMG]

Back view with a couple of his ladies:
    [​IMG]

...not to hijack your thread.... but roosters are such eye candy! And I think #6 just may be a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by