Are we allowed to complain without getting banned?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by loanwizard, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

The best thread I have ever seen on this forum has just been locked because someone placed disparaging remarks, and people being people, commented on it, quite mildly in my humble opinion.

I have learned SO MUCH from this site, and I don't want to be suspended..... Lord, I feel like I am in 3rd grade. I own and operate several viable businesses, and quite frankly feel offended that the old timers, the ones that can actually HELP people, have been chastised by having an excellent, educational, and entertaining thread locked.

I hope you banned the person who made the Cannon Fodder remark.

I am going to stop, because the more I write, the angrier I get. This is egregious.

That said, I DO like the site.... a lot. I have gotten a great education here.

Respectfully,

Shawn Dostie.

2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    I agree - I read it all the way through (still looking for the "flame fest" at the end) and have learned so much. For the most part, the participants on the thread have been very well-behaved. Only one or two trolls who posted and never came back. IMHO, the last few threads weren't flaming so much as people stating their opinions. It didn't seem disparaging at all to me, but then I'm not very PC, either. I tend to be blunt.

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

What thread was that?
    Poor guy. I hate when bad things happen to good people over a few choice words...

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I agree with you, Loanwizard. Maybe the one that started that one can start another or something. Not hard to see what thread that is, it's here and locked.

5. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    You're allowed your own opinion so long as byc agree. Most of the time its the trolls that get away with it and the person giving good honest advice that gets points. Byc has gone downhill in my opinion because of this. [​IMG]

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

My apologies to the powers that be. I honestly am not trying to be disrespectful to your infinite wisdom. It is your site. Feel free to delete the entire thread. I have been PM'd by those that know.... Course, I'd bet you already know that [​IMG]

7. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay I think I found it. I hope the OP didn't get in trouble for it. I didn't see any comments from them in the last few pages. I also didn't see anything wrong with it, although I will admit I didn't take the time to read the ENTIRE thread.

8. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Quote:For asking a simple question [​IMG]

9. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Moderation
    BackYardChickens staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BackYardChickens staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
    15. Do not post threads questioning moderation. If you have an issue with one of our rules, moderators, etc. please contact another moderator or a forum administrator
    16. If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Actually, unless you were PMed by a Staff member, you are getting opinion, not knowledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by