Are we allowed to name?... Update on #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rin

Songster
14 Years
Oct 22, 2009
Moonglade (EU)
I just had a /very/ bad experience with a specific Hatchery/breeder/online store thing and not sure whether we're allowed to name them in our posts. If not, my complaint is still valid. I just wont be naming names.

I ordered eggs - no reply for a week, so I contacted them. Got sort of a snide "nature will be nature" reply and then later told I was on a waiting list and my order will be another week. Fine. Good. Except, I waited TWO(almost three) more weeks. I ordered at the beginning of LAST MONTH. I could have hatched almost TWO batches by now.
I e-mail them to ask if it's possible to get a refund of egg cost and the added shipping for the eggs - they say, "okay we did it but we're keeping half your money now". I can't find ANYWHERE on their website where it entitles them to that? I'm attempting to call them to see if someone in management is willing to make this right. Or at least PROVE they did something in the month I waited. NEVER EVER shopping there again, I ordered 8 eggs from someone else. Had my eggs in THREE DAYS. Same breed and possibly even better condition(even sent me 9!
big_smile.png
), but, I will never know now will I?

I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable but they said nothing about these eggs even being slow right now let alone that there's such a huge waiting list to take a month. I would have kept walking if there was anyyy mention of being "limited" or "might take a month". Heck, closest I could find prior to ordering was that it might take 10 days to fill if the hens are slow. And to contact them at that point. Which I did only to be told off
hmm.png

UPDATE!! They refunded me all of my money now that I called them.
smile.png
Apparently it was a problem with their new system and they're happy to fix it. I MIGHT order from them again because of this now. But not eggs! XD I will defo stick to ordering equipment from them but yes they were very nice on the phone, no problems aside from the wait
smile.png

Re-Update! Gave them another shot. They failed even WORSE this time. Part of me even waited so long to see if the eggs would ever actually COME. Two months was long enough before I just wanted my money back to order Ideals chicks and materials to build my chicken run.
hmm.png
More details in post #10

Last edited:
Yes it is OK to name names, that way others will be forwarned of a bad experience with a hatchery.

If its a specific person, then it wouldn't be allowed.

If you have bad experience with buying from someone on here(BYC) feel free to leave them bad feedback.

Quote:
Thank you and it was My Pet Chicken. Not a breeder here, in fact a breeder here is who I got my 9 eggies from <3 defo gunna order from here from now on, tbh. The packing they did was WONDERFUL. The eggs arrived not a molecule out of place
smile.png
It was clearly done with pride and care.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you and it was My Pet Chicken. Not a breeder here, in fact a breeder here is who I got my 9 eggies from <3 defo gunna order from here from now on, tbh. The packing they did was WONDERFUL. The eggs arrived not a molecule out of place
smile.png
It was clearly done with pride and care.
smile.png

That is the good thing about getting from a BYCer, most take pride in packing the eggs the way they would want someone else to send to them, its not thier job to get a bunch out the door before 3. Now once the Post Office gets thier chance the story may change. I have recieved eggs with what should have been good packing, but the package happened to get used for the Soccer game in the Post Office at lunchtime because it was marked fragile.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I think I read your post! That one scared the hell out of me. I was sooo afraid of it happening to me - I was pleasantly surprised. They even kept it right side up the entire time as best as I can tell which is amazing imo, I've always had bad luck with the post office and their customer support is useless. Heck, missed signing for a certified letter the other day and applied to have it resent immediately but they still wouldn't for three days. Couldn't find the P.O's specific phone number just the call center and the lady I got was so sarcastic and refused to give me the phone # of that P.O., just kept telling me she was in a call center and could not help me. Insisted I had to drive an hour out of my way to that particular Post office to get it sorted. Well, I managed to miraculously find their # on my own and they told me it was on truck that day for delivery. She even tried to tell me there was no way it was going to be on that truck for delivery if they hadn't delivered it yet. Call centers should be illegal.
tongue.png

I like to credit companies where credit is due. I call them, I thank them. I fill out their surveys with the best scores they deserved. I even become a repeat customer to huge degrees. But when they screw me over I don't take that either.
hmm.png
Speaking of, they should be open now so attempting to call MPC again to see if they're willing to work with me. At least the chick feed I ordered from them arrived in an orderly amount of time.

There is a hatchery review post here. I would suggest you fill it out. If possible wait just a little while as I know that it is being redone. I am sorry that you had a bad experience.

Quote:
I was actually planning to buy some day olds from them if these eggs didn't hatch as soon as they are available again. I'm obsessed with Porcelain D'uccles :>

Hate to bump this topic way back up but I wound up giving them another shot. Ordering a second dozen from them on the 10th of December, got verification my order was put in the 12th. Their ordering page /definately/ boasts a 12 day wait. 14 days after ordering I was told the hens slowed down and it would be another 12 day wait. Today, January 27th was the day I finally told them to please refund my money a second time. TWO MONTHS for JUST a DOZEN hatching eggs! With NO WORD as to why or any updates after the first month ended. This is an issue I had with them NOT ONCE. But TWICE. Has anyone here actually ordered eggs from them and RECEIVED the darn things?

I would use the form being linked but that seems to only be for chicks and ones that actually ever even got attempted to be sent? They are looking less and less promising as they tried to get me to order chicks when their website says they're available to order now but you wont see them until April? Hokay... here's hoping I have better luck with ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom