1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are we boys or girls? Pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bizichick, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    I hatched some eggs I got from my moms chickens. Im not sure of the breed/crosses of each chick. Im not too worried about that part. Just more anxious to find out which are hens and which are roosters. I can only keep the hens so would like to get rid of the roosters as early as possible before I get too attached. The possible parent crosses are Roosters: Delaware White and Autralorp.
    Hens: RIR, Buff Orph, Australorp and "the mystery chick" (we arent sure of her breed). The 2 polish are ones I bought at the store and hoping they are hens. Kinda thinking they may be roosters though. [​IMG] They are almost 6 wks old. I know its too early to really tell,for sure but had to throw them in just incase.

Chick #1 - 4 wks old. I am thinking hen?[​IMG][​IMG]

Chick #2 - 2 wks old. I am thinking rooster?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #3- 3 wks old. Im thinking rooster because the comb is starting to redden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #4- 3 wks old. Im thinking hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #5- 4 wks old. Im thinking hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #6- almost 6 wks old. Thinking rooster, hoping hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #7- almost 6 wks old. Keep changing my mind on what I think this one is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    to early on them wait till they are 6+ weeks...the crested ones the combs are whited out due to the flash on the cam try and get some that are so whited out ;)

3. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    I noticed that the crests were whited out too because of the flash. I can tell you though that the crests have very little if any pink and no signs of wattles yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by