1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are we experiencing a virus of some sort - saw a lot of repetition

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by bargain, Nov 20, 2011.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Multiple posts over in chicken Behaviors and Egglaying entitled why do some of my hens see the egg song as a warning?

Is this perhaps a virus of some sort? It occurred 6 times in a short time from 2:00 pm to 2:01 pm. Thanks Nancy
    I also got some red lettering when I tried to open....I'm trying to recreate this now. Will update if I can. Thanks again.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Nope, not a virus. We're having some server problems and are working with our server team (on staff 24/7) to get it resolved. Things are looking a bit better now, but we'll stay on it just in case!

If you see duplicate posts / topics please report them and we'll remove them.

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I doubleposted too. I think the site was down (or super slow) for a bit. I didn't think my post posted, so I posted again and then saw it there twice (first time that has ever happened for me.

4. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:Thanks, Nifty.. Closed the window on BYC and then remembered I had a message unanswered, and I could go in at the direct BYC link, but went in through histroy

An error was encountered
    File: /home/backyard/public_html/forum/include/dblayer/mysql.php
    Line: 58

FluxBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Too many connections

I'm guessing it's the server problem you mentioned!!! I'm techno challenged but am glad you have folks helping you on all of that... You all are so great to keep this forum operating so wonderfully...Thanks ......Nancy..........

5. Nifty-Chicken

Yes, definitely server problems. It's been creeping back up and we pound it's head again, but it is a persistent bug and we're trying to squish it.

We'll keep at it. Thanks for your patience as we work through these issues!

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Ameraucana thread is getting double posts. Double thread started on "Breeds."

7. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Yep I got it too
    An error was encountered
    File: /home/backyard/public_html/forum/include/search_idx.php
    Line: 183

FluxBB reported: Unable to insert search index word matches

Database reported: Table './backyard_punbb/search_matches' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed (Errno: 144)

8. Nifty-Chicken

Unfortunately when the server is slow, peeps hit the "submit" button over and over which can cause duplicates. Please click the "report" link on the dups and we'll remove them.

Thanks for your patience as we work through these issues!

9. Nifty-Chicken

Sorry, things are still bumpy, but we repaired all the server database tables (over 15 GB of data) and things are hopefully getting better.

10. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    You all are the best and Thank you....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by