Are we Pied India Blues?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by TASH 66, Jul 15, 2010.

1. TASH 66

TASH 66 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2010
    Australia
    Can someone give me a clue as to what colour this bird might be classified as ..... Is anything wrong with colour or body length or leg lenght ?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tash

2. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Looks silver pied to me.

3. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Looking at the pictures the top male could be a Silver Pied but I would say Blue Pied White Eyed, The other male is a Blue Silver Pied both birds are GREAT LOOKING and KEEPERS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
  4. TASH 66

Mar 18, 2010
    Australia
    These comments about the same bird on APF http://www.australianpoultryforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7107
    [​IMG]-All too often the bad pieds are advertised higher than the good ones I have seen bad ones advertised for $200 to $500 each and they are rubbish.
    [​IMG]-Here what I think is a poor quallity pied, legs are too long, poor marking & the train is a mess & that cage is a mess too.

Personally i love these birds and i hope they one thinks they are rubbish, thank you for all your replays [​IMG]

Tash

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I can't offer any insight on "rubbish" or not, but I can say I would be thrilled if those were my birds! As far as breeding, I always try to get the best quality I can, and sometimes not every body agrees with what we see in our own birds. Plus, we all have to start somewhere, whether they are "perfect", or not quite so. Again, They look gorgeous to me [​IMG] Sorry, to offer pretty much nothing, but just had to say how neat I think they are!

6. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    He;s a beautiful bird!

Just remember it is much easier for people to put down others while giving themselves way too high marks. Just way many people are unfortunately. Also personal tastes differ. I think long legs help make them look more graceful, birds with short legs just look weird to me..

7. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    he is preety

8. TASH 66

Mar 18, 2010
    Australia
    Unfortunately in Australia we haven’t got Silver Pied, I know in order to get Silver Pied, it is necessary to have white eyed gene, but may be person who has achieved such as a good result, already got close to newer varieties of peafowl in Australia.

Thanks for your replies.

Tash

9. draftiemama

draftiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Florida
    They are ugly! But out of the goodness of my heart I'll take them off your hands. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    There is a so called big time breeder over in Australia, says he has pure Java Pied and Reverse Java Pied, out of Pure Green Javas now the only way to get so called Java Pieds is for the Javas (Spaldings) to be split pied, Silver Pied and so on, if you look at his website and look at these Java Pieds you can tell that they are Spalding Pieds and he sells $500.00 a pair birds for $1500.00 to $2000.00 a pair. This guy will not let anybody that knows anything about peafowl from the U.S join there forum or say anything about the Pure Java Pieds ( SPALDING PIEDS that is).

Here is his website take a look, Now he does have nice looking birds just not what he claims: www.peacocksaustralia.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by