Are we really "Pullets"? 8 wk old Golden Laced Wyandottes

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DragonEggs, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I'm questioning my luck, how well this hatchery sexes, and what the feed store "really" ordered. I was pretty sure 1 was a boy but now I'm thiking both are. That would be my luck, I buy 2 that are suppose to be sexed pullets and they both turn out to be boys. What are the odds?

What do you think? About 8 weeks old.

#1's face
    [​IMG]

#1's feather development
    [​IMG]

#2's face (the one I think is a roo)
    [​IMG]

#2's feather development
    [​IMG]

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I have 3 GLWs.....from the pics I would say they are pullets. One of my 3 GLWs was a bit more developed in combs and wattles than her sisters of the same age, looked like yours at that age. She still has bigger wattles and comb than the two others but they are all the same size/age.... Hope someone with more knowledge chimes in [​IMG]

3. DragonEggs

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Thanks! I certainly HOPE they are both girls! I have some SLW that are all suppose to be pullets that are develiping similar to these, very red in the comb. Yet my BLRW (which were st run) aren't red in the comb at all. I was hoping for at lest 1 boy out of any of them but I'll be just as happy if they are all girls! Plenty of nice roosters out there looking for a home and girlfriends!

4. Mollie333

Mollie333 New Egg

Aug 12, 2010
    I'd say there pullets.
    This was my GLW cockerel at 8 wks old.
    [​IMG]

5. Mollie333

Mollie333 New Egg

Aug 12, 2010
    Edited sorry mine was a bantam.[​IMG]

6. DragonEggs