Are you ever bored?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Reinbeau, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I think about this every once in awhile. I never ever am bored. I have so much to do, never mind what I have to do, I have lots that I want to do! During the spring, summer and fall I've got so many gardening projects out there I don't have time to stop, never mind be bored. What about you?

2. normajean

normajean Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Howell, MI
    What IS bored.....what does it mean??
    No, really! Growing up we NEVER said bored or we were put to work with more chores around our mini-farm or hustled outside with a warning not to come in until dinner or we would have to clean our rooms AGAIN.
    lol

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I am only bored here @ work, it has been slow.

Now @ home even if I am doing nothing I am not bored because doing nothing is
    a.) Fun
    b.) Unusual
    c.) Never really happens cause if I am doing nothing it means I am putting off doing something I just plain old don't want to do so....... I am busy procasternating.

4. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Ha! normajean, I do believe you've got a good point there! We weren't allowed indoors at all when we were little, and if we bugged mom too much, we ended up with chores, too! I guess I learned early to not even consider thinking I was bored! [​IMG]

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Quote:Ditto, here! I taught my boys to never, ever say "bored" to me! I always told them there are no boring times, only boring people. Folks with intelligence and imagination don't "get bored" for more than a few seconds, then they hatch an idea for a new activity....be it a project, a chore, or a way to have fun or relax! [​IMG]

6. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    DD told us she was bored once, we told her she was just needing to learn about 'peacefulness'. She is learning to love it. She was a drama queen, now she is actually liking peace and quiet. Sometimes I just love to sit outside and look at the trees and nature. It's easy when you've lived without trees for awhile. (Feel sorry for you Midwesterners, ya don't know what you're missing!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by