Are You In To Designer Purses/Handbags?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I have several co-workers and friends who are REALLY in to these designer purses/handbags and I just don't get it. Some of them pay as much as $300.00 or MORE for a purse or handbag.
smack.gif
The bags that I am seeing them with are bulky, loud, flashy, gawdy and not very attractive.
hide.gif

Am I missing something? I guess it's because we all have different taste. I was excited when I found my dream purse at Target for $8.00. I bought it in 3 different colors. I thought that I had hit the lottery.
gig.gif

I don't like them either - even if I did, I cannot ever see myself paying $300 for a purse. I honestly think that most people think it is a symbol of status and think that it impresses people. Clothes, purses, jewelry, cars - that stuff doesn't impress me. I'm impressed by people themselves. JMO.

Last edited:
I have seen a few really nice leather bags for $250-$300 that were beautiful, don't know if they were designer or not, but I would not ever pay that much unless I won the lottery! Designer names don't mean anything to me unless the workmanship and quality are excellent, whether it is a purse, clothes, jewelry, etc. I care way more for the quality of the item than whose name is on it.

My kids got me a nice Coach bag for my birthday a couple of years ago, from the outlet store though, what is the difference? A year and a half+ later it still looks like new

but no way would I go pay full price for one!

Last edited:
My aunt used to be very big into designer hand bags. I personally wouldn't pay much for a bag

Quote:
The Coach bags are one of the nicer bags. That's not what I'm talking about.

The bags I'm talking about are the ones that have the huge rhinestones the size of a bowling ball, BIG flowers the size of a dinner plate ~ that kinda bag. This is what I am seeing.

I'm hard on my purses so I prefer not to spend too much. I spend $10 on average for a purse that will last me 3-4 months. There's no point IMO.

Of course, I'm famous for bargain shopping. I can spend $40 and come home with 6 bags of stuff that I got on clearance. My heavy spending sisters are jealous of my closet and my wallet
wink.png

Quote:

The bags I'm talking about are the ones that have the huge rhinestones the size of a bowling ball, BIG flowers the size of a dinner plate ~ that kinda bag. This is what I am seeing.

Oh gag on those! They look more like a bad craft experiment!

Quote:

Oh gag on those! They look more like a bad craft experiment!

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom