Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Feb 23, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4552208/family-fights-to-give-boy-shot-at-miracle/

These
    people are trying to fight to keep their child alive, because the doctors don't agree with the families wishes? WHAT? What are your thoughts on this?

In my opinion, it should ALWAYS be a families decision. Unless they are hurting their child, it shouldn't be up to the hospital. I really hope they win this. I'm not even going to get into the life vs death debate, or the quality of life that child may or may not have, I'm just dumbfounded that the parents have no choice in the death of their own child.

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I bet insurance sides with the Doctors. . . . . how scary is that?

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Well, being that it's Canada, the healthcare is government run. I'm guessing that's why this issue has even come up.

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Oh dear, missed that.

Don't like the sound of "Government Panel" one little bit, that's for sure!

5. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Yeah, just one more reason I DO NOT want the government involved in our healthcare.

When I was pregnant with DD, 3 of the 4 doctors in our OB practice wanted to deliver her a month early. Only one doctor agreed with us. She was born 2 weeks early and was only 5 pounds 7 ounces. If they had delivered her when they wanted to, we wouldn't have her now. I'm sorry, but doctors don't always know best.

6. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    So Sad, I couldn't even imagine their fear and pain. To me it would be like fighting a murderer for your childs life, but you have no way of winning [​IMG]

7. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Exactly. I mean, not even getting into the quality of life that child may or may not have, that's their CHILD. I can't even begin to imagine the hurt they are feeling right now, with no way to protect him.

8. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    nvm

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  9. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    I agree with the parent's. It's not the government's decision to make.

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Well, being that it's Canada, the healthcare is government run. I'm guessing that's why this issue has even come up.

Yep. And honestly? If it's up to the taxpayers, and the child has an absolutely incurable disease that will cause him to stay in the hospital constantly, why should the taxpayers keep paying?

ropo, always the devil's advocate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by