Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 33yardbirds, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Two turkey dinners 2 gizzard bags left inside the bird, which also means the lytes weren't picked from the body cavity. I'm glad my in-laws know such more than I.
  2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    LOL, people are forgetting the basics.Who doesn't wash the carcass,and check the cavity? I hope it was an otherwise good meal.Our oven is broke so we grilled some lamb.
  3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    As a young bride I nervously fixed my first turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. I washed the cavity but didn't inspect it. When I stuffed the turkey I wondered why it didn't take as much stuffing as I thought it would. I found out when I removed the dressing before I served it. I had left the neck in. The giblets were in that pouch of skin at the front of the bird but the neck was in the body cavity. I found the giblets OK but missed the neck. It was years before I was allowed to forget that one.
  4. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

This year I went to get the neck and gibblets out and was wondering where the gibblets where when I got out the neck because I forgot I was dealing with a store bought turkey not a store bought chicken rarely deal with either so hence my confusion for a moment..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by