are you supposed to put the ducks food like crumble or pellets in the water, keep water near the food or what??

g_yyuzu

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2020
Nevada, Las Vegas
im so lost because right now im going to order 2 ducks (1 black runner and 1 pekin ducklings) both female and i search for food and all of a sudden it said in the site NEVER FEED DRY FOOD WITHOUT WATER. DRY CRUMBS WILL SWELL UP INSIDE THE DUCKLING WHEN IT DOES DRINK, AND IT WILL DIE. anyone know what YOU do with your ducks when you feed it bc im lost now. cuz im worried that if i put in the food and water in the tub the ducklings (and later on as they are adults) that they will eat the food but once they drink water, the food will expand. Anyone know wat to do bc i would order more if they die but its just that the shipping is like 37 with 10 postal fee.

Could you provide us with the link that suggests that?

It's false, the only concern would be if you offered dry feed, and no water, the ducklings may eat some dry feed and could choke if they don't have anything to "swallow' it down with. Offering dry crumbles is fine, just provide water along with it at all times.

Not sure if the site is still being updated, but I'll send them an email asking them to delete that terribly false information.

and wat food would you recommend as my ducklings grow up during the weeks (like the first 2 weeks u feed them this and that and then the following weeks you feed them something else)

Back
Top Bottom