Are you upset about All My Children & One Life To Live being canceled?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HHandbasket, Jun 15, 2011.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I'm not like UPSET upset, but I am going to miss it.

I'm not one of those nuts that's going to call the network and complain. I think the genre has run its course, BUT... that being said... I've been watching All My Children for (hold your breath, people) *38* years! I have a life and don't watch it religiously but have always watched it when I could, followed it through magazines before the advent of the internet, and while the story lines have deteriorated in recent years, I am really going to miss it when it's gone.

AMC is ending in Septenmber (final airdate is 9/23/11). One Life To Live is ending in January. I've been watching One Life To Live for about 32 years.

Over the years, I think the absolute most cringe-worthy storyline on AMC was the Satin Slayer.

The worst storyline ever on One Life To Live was anything that involved Mitch Lawrence.

I do not have any cognizant memories of my life that didn't involve following one of those 2 soap operas (GH too, but I like OLTL the best... used to love AMC, but they tanked me as a fan when they brought back Dixie, only to killer her back off a few months later... and now she's coming back to finish off the show with Tad).

Any other fans?

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] These shows were a big part of my childhood. My grandmother used to put me in my carseat in front of the tv when I was a baby. I have literally watched them my whole life.

3. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Which AMC are you talking about? The AMC I know is a movie channel.

4. HHandbasket

Quote:AMC is the acronym for All My Children (the topic of the post). OLTL is the acronym for One Life To Live.

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

ETA: GH stands for General Hospital.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:AMC is the acronym for All My Children (the topic of the post). OLTL is the acronym for One Life To Live.

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

ETA: GH stands for General Hospital.

I thought you were using AMC as a name of a station. Like HBO. I feel very dumb now [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Because I work full time, I rarely watch them, but I certainly do follow them. I started watching GH and OLTL when Dark Shadows was airing.

HHandbasket I think I have you beat. I was 7 or 8 when DS was on, so that means I have been watching OLTL for 41 years. AMC came later on, but I have seen Erica married from the first time forward.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Yes I am. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That is all I have to say about it. If they take General Hospital off it will be worse.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Never did watch those shows, I have watched them in high school but I know my mom watched them in the 60's and 70's. All on Channel 3 which think it is CBS. All day long........no, I will not miss them but glad to see them go. The stories were getting stale and burned out, same drama over and over.

What I don't like are the daytime talk shows, where are the wonderful family sitcoms???? Those talk shows will have their day in broadcast and they will be rolling out the door like Donague, and similar shows they had back in the 70's. The game shows were popular too.

My hubby's mom, she taped every darn show in the last 15 years, watching them over and over. She lives and breathe thru them. She can not leave the house without taping them OR she must stay home to watch the dramas.

9. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Honestly, I have NEVER gotten the love of the soaps. My life has enough drama, I don't need to watch more. The only soaps I watch is whatever pro wrestling is on when I walk thru the room.

10. HHandbasket

Now, you know as soon as Tad lets his guard down with Cara, he's gonna look up & there's gonna be Dixie.

Where do you think she's been? David Hayward has a way of keeping 'em alive in secret off in some super-duper clinic somewhere.

The best thing about the show going off is NO MORE DAVID HAYWARD! He made the show hard to watch. Even though he's eye candy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by