1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are you willing to be interviewed?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    I'm working on a paper and I need responses to the following question:

Where do you sit on the "green" spectrum? You work hard at being green, you are green only when it is convenient or you just can't be bothered? Why? What sorts of things do you do that define your place on the "green" spectrum?

Examples of:

making an effort: Take recycling to a recycling depot, use green cleaning products regardless of cost and more elbow grease, eat organic food

Only when convenient: Use curbside recycling, use some green cleaning products, but only when they are convenient or of similar cost, eat some organic food, to save money

Can't be bothered: Never recycle unless there is money involved (like returning drink containers for deposit), throw all other refuse into the landfill, use toxic cleaning products to get desired results,

You get the idea.

There will be NO judgement involved. I am just trying to assemble some real life views.

For those who wish to participate, please send me a PM answering the questions along with your real first and last name (I require this in order to make the proper citations and give credit where it is due).

Cheryl

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    pm sent

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Looks Like I am half only-when-convenient and half making-an-effort

4. clarkai

clarkai Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    Somewhere around Lacey
    sent a pm. I think I'd probably count on the "making an effort end".

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    PM sent [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    pm sent

7. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I think the least green thing I do is related to where I live. I live in a hot climate, in a relatively large home that is not designed for the climate which I air condition. I also have a lawn in an area with little rain.

8. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I pay to recycle (WHAT?!), use only organic chicken feed, flour, milk, eggs, yogurt, sugar, apples, fruit and vegetables.. can't afford organic butter/cheese.... drive as little as possible, use reusable water bottles, and a brita filter. redirect spring water to water the garden, grow and can my own applesauce and jams, and try to buy as little processed foods as possible. Make my own granola, bread, pizza, burritos......

9. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Thank you to all who have responded so far. What I need now are responses from those who fall in the can't be bothered category.

Cheryl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by