Are you within 90 miles of Minneapolis??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Laskaland, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
  2. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
    I checked it out. Here is the terms for adoption through them.
    Chicken Run Rescue Adoption Terms:

commitment for the life of the bird. Chickens can live 14 years and so require the same committment as dogs and cats.

prohibit slaughter, breeding, fighting or exhibit
    limit adoption only as a companion animal not a food animal (not to produce eggs for profit or breeding purposes)

guarantee to provide proper care including food, water shelter, fresh air, exercise, companionship with other same species animals and veterinary care as for any other companion animal

allow inquiries about the care of this animal at any time

prohibit birds to be given away or sold without consent of CRR

comply with the laws and ordinances enforced in the state and municipality

certify that no one in the household/property where the animal will reside has been charged with or convicted of animal abuse in any state.

Seems like a lot of rules. This is not for people who raise chickens for food or sale.

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    That is a lot of rules!! Seems pretty impossible, really. Well I guess they will be taking care of them for their long lives!!

But if you found a female and used the eggs for your family...

Christina

4. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    I know this is an old post - but....I stumbled upon the chickens on the Chicken Run Rescue site and I was wondering if anyone has ever adopted chickens from a resue like this?

Any experiences?

I would like to add 2 or 3 chickens to my small pet flock and I've always adopted cats and dogs, so I was intrigued by the idea of adopting chickens.

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I spoke to the founder of chicken run rescue asking her to help me rehome some roosters and she went off on me!!! She gave me this speech about ordering from hatcheries ect.... Then refused to help. I wasn't impressed with her at all. This was when i first started with chickens a few years ago and had no idea about the hen to roo ratio but found out the hard way so in a panic i called her for help because at the time i didn't know what to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by