Are Your Bantams...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jen4, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Stay laying since winter hit?

I've got 2 and they've stopped laying, just wonder if its normal. I sure do miss seeing those cute tiny eggs... hope they start back up soon.

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    My serama haven't stopped, the d' Uccles, booted, are hit and miss the cochins a little better, silkies have just restarted

3. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Mine are a silver duckwing and golden sebright, dont know if that makes a deference?

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    the silkies have restarted because I had to move them into a coop with lights, if you don't have lights on them, that could be why, how well do they lay normally

5. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    my favs have been pretty consistently laying, along with my buff brahma. the wyandottes i haven't seen much out of them. my cochins have been ok too. but all my girls have just started laying since November.

6. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Buck Creek Chickens - I do not have a light in the coop or electricity... I know thats messing with the laying. I was getting 4-5 bantam eggs a week. I've went from 22ish eggs a day to 8-14 eggs a day and lately its been closer to 8. lol

7. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Mine (except my silkies) are still going strong, but they roost in the tree RIGHT in front of the garage flood light [​IMG] Nothing like 24 hours of light for a chicken to keep em laying [​IMG]

8. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    I haven't seen any eggs from my 3 bantams in months. I have one each BR, EE, and OEGB.

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My faverolles are laying pretty consistently

10. poultrypatch

poultrypatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Rochester
    Jen4........ I had posted that question on a thread about a wk ago. My frizzled Cochin Banty laid an egg on Jan 3rd....and NO more !!! I know nothing about Banties, these are my frist. A few folks ..2...said theirs were laying. Tomorrow will be 12 days and no more eggs. You're all right...soooo cute.
    Should I pick her up and shake her to see if any fall out ??? LOL
    Yes, we have a red heat lamp in coop over water to keep it from freezing. She was about 18 wks at POL
    Liz
    Rochester, MA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by