Are your chickens in your Christmas card photo?

KandJsmama

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Enterprise (Las Vegas, NV)
So I was wondering if we were the only weird family that included our chickens in the Christmas card photos...well at least the ones we could hold. We have been receiving a lot of chuckles.

37469_img_3824.jpg

Last edited:
We always receive a card from one friend with her Scotties dressed up in costume SOOO one year I made angel wings and a halo for Speckles. She did not like it and the photos weren't too hot, but we sent it just to this one friend. The first year I had both Speckles and Whitey I made Christmas capes for them both, trimmed in fake white fur. I also made bows for their feet and tiny little Santa hats. Trying to get them both into just the capes was a chicken rodeo and again, the photos weren't exactly professional quality. This was before I had my digital camera so I don't know any way to post them, but you can imagine two barred rocks looking extremely disgusted and wearing strange outfits. They tried to outrun the capes and ended up trotting in circles around each other..... We laughed so hard we cried and then felt so guilty we gave them extra special goodies as a reward for enduring our holiday photo session.

I used to work in a photo lab where I would print, what seemed like, millions of photo greeting cards... So i have been pretty against getting any greeting cards printed out. But this year is my first year with my chickens and I was really thinking about it. I think it would be something totally different and would make alot of people smile. Maybe next year.

Back
Top Bottom