1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are your guineas still laying?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by MuranoFarms, Sep 22, 2010.

1. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I can't figure out if my guineas are still laying or not. Suddenly the 'find the nest' game isn't working out for me as well as it did all season! [​IMG] They just don't even seem to be roaming as far now. I don't know if they quit for the season or I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Are we still 'in season'?

2. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Should still be but it appears mine have quit already and I'm down here in the hot South. Although my June keets are leaving eggs laying around in odd places at the moment.

3. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Should still be but it appears mine have quit already and I'm down here in the hot South. Although my June keets are leaving eggs laying around in odd places at the moment.

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Mine are still laying but they're winding down. We're getting fewer eggs.

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    It has been so hot in Texas this year, mine all quit in July. We set a record high on Friday for Sept 17th, 101! It is going to cool down to the lower 90's next week!!!! I can't wait.

6. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Mine are still laying! But we've cooled down to mid 90s here in Late September and this cold snap might shut them down for the fall and winter... but they will prolly resume when the temps start to climb back up in late October! [​IMG]
    I sooo sick of being hot!!

7. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Mine have seemed to have stopped...thank goodness. I've lost all but one of my hens to predators while they were on the nest.

8. cackler

cackler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Central Kansas
    I sure hope so! [​IMG] I've had HORRID luck here in Kansas with losing mamas sitting on nests. I hope it's out of the female mind now that it's Fall. [​IMG]

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I live in southeast texas and my guineas are still laying full force.

I wished they would quit i am tired of pulling eggs from the feilds so they won't go to sitten and get themselves killed [​IMG]

10. cackler

cackler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Central Kansas
    Quote:I know what you mean. We left ours in the coop today because it was raining and we fertilized a patch of ground we didn't want everyone exposed to. The female laid an egg. [​IMG] in the coop. Guess it's not over yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by