are your guineas still laying ?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by newnanchic, Oct 12, 2011.

1. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am wanting to do a fall hatch do you still have guinea eggs for sale ???

2. Mara

Mara Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    Wayland, MA
    Mine are laying much less now, maybe one or two eggs a day from a flock with 6 girls. I don't know how ship them, though.

3. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    mines done 4 the year
    shes setting now

4. ChickenChaps

ChickenChaps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Malabar, FL
    My guineas are just now 19 weeks old. I expected that they wouldnt lay until next spring, being so late in the year. But I swear I got a guinea egg! It was in the nest with some chicken eggs, but really it looks just like a guinea egg. Is that possible??? Course I am in Florida where its still summer. ??

5. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I think it is possible a friend of mine brought us eggs to incubate just 2 weeks ago and we are in Ga.

6. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Quote:My guineas started laying at 14 weeks [​IMG] So, yes it is possible. The eggs are small and pointy shaped on one end.

7. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    try and crack it open. they are like concrete to carck......

8. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Mine have stopped laying for the year and everybody has moulted... hate to say it but I miss the fresh Guinea eggs already [​IMG] Most everybody's Guineas are probably winding down on the laying too (if they have not stopped already), as Guineas are seasonal layers (spring to fall).

I might have to get a few laying Hens to take up the slack in the egg supply area, but I'm kind of worried that having "normal" poultry around here will make me like my Guineas less and less as time goes on, lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  9. Allbreeds

Allbreeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    Checotah, ok
    It just started to turn off cool here in OK but we are still getting a good lay rate.

10. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Quote:Nope Peeps. You could never stop liking your Guinea's. LOL. They have so much personality. I love my chickens but they have nothing on the guinea's. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by