1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are your kids wearing jewelry purchased at WalMart?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Might want to throw it out.

Federal and state watchdogs opened a new front Monday in the campaign to keep poisons out of Chinese imports, launching inquiries into high levels of cadmium in children's jewelry while Walmart pulled many suspect items from its store shelves.

more... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582810,00.html

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

what Kids????

My wedding band came from WalMart [​IMG]

I don't think it's suspect though

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:You got your wedding band from Walmart? That's brilliant. I got mine in hell.

4. Eagle2026

Eagle2026 HIGH FLYER

Mar 10, 2009
    Snohomish, WA.
    WOW!

anything to make a buck even if it's poising my children?

5. Its just terrible ! Thanks for sharring this info , my kiddos deffinately have WalMart jewelry [​IMG]

Fay

6. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    It's truly disgusting what they put in our everyday items. Where do I even start? From chemicals in household items that cause infertility in children to carcinogenic chemicals in food. They don't give a crap about us or our welfare, just money money money.

7. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Quote:You got your wedding band from Walmart? That's brilliant. I got mine in hell.

ok, that made me laugh

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's kinda the motto Walmart lives by, and one of the main reasons our economy is in such a rut. I refuse to shop at Walmart.

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Not surprised! Anybody remember the thread I started challenging everyone to NOT buy anything made in China for Christmas? And all the replies....."But I LIKE Walmart!" even though it wasn't about Walmart. [​IMG]

Well - I'm just as guilty. Got some stuff from American Eagle Outfitters- made in Indonesia. [​IMG]

10. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Does anyone know if there is a way you can test for this? I have a lead test that I've used, and yes it really works! Like I keep sayin - Walmart is so over...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by