1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

area formerly known as flower garden

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sharol, Dec 28, 2010.

1. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    So, my EE Lily (front left) spent 2 hours in the nest box today laying a lovely green egg. Then one of the Delawares (front right, can only see her butt) laid a nice brown egg, and when I went to collect them, The Campine (in the middle of the dustbath) had left me a white egg. They all trooped over to their very favorite place -- the area where my flower garden was located until August when the girls found it. The girls are all 24 weeks old, hatched the week of July 12, and 4 have been laying from 2 weeks (the Campine was first) to 2 days -the GLW- (no egg from her today yet, though).

[​IMG]

It is 20 degrees with a south wind (blowing toward the garden), and they are all happy as clams.

2. churchx3

churchx3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Georgia
    I used to be an avid gardener until I got chickens....I had to decide between the garden or the chickens....chickens won out! I do have some gardens in my front yard but wrote off having anything in the back.

3. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    They do have a way of taking over LOL. congrats on the eggs!!

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

They look so happy!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  5. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Thanks. I'm been amazed at the regularity with which the EE and the Delaware lay. They have both laid eggs every day since they started laying. It's like Christmas every day when I check for eggs.

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by