Argent 12

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sargent12, Sep 8, 2016.

1. sargent12

sargent12 New Egg

Aug 26, 2016
    Hi, I have had chickens for about 3 years. My husband and I moved out to south west Tx about 5 years ago. We started raising chicken a year later. We had leghorns and reds. They lived 2 years before the coyotes killed them all. This year we have a pair of dunkeys we rescued and they keep the chickens safe. We now have red black jersys and americonas. Also one turkey. We enjoy the eggs but also watching the chickens eating the bugs. We also have 3 dogs and they do not bother the birds and niether do our cats. I guest we are lukey that way. We have 18 chickens and I ha e been giving my friends some of the eggs. We enjoy everything we can do for our animals. The chi kens get there snacks in the morning when the other animals do this morning they got the rest of the stuffed mushrooms we had yesturday. I found the site while looking for information on what snakes I could feed my flock. Thank you for the help.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Great to have you aboard. Best wishes to you and your flock and enjoy BYC!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Greetings and welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
    CT

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens Sargent12l!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions! You sound like you our the proud parent to a very happy flock!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome Backyard chickens.

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by