Arggggg!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChickenCrazed, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ChickenCrazed

ChickenCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I have been reading and reading and reading....Now not sure what or where to order from?...I am wanting to get a few ducks and a couple of goslings to raise together!...We have 3 drakes right now...1 Pekin, 1 Magpie and 1 Mallard/Runner/Call duck X...I really would like to get something that is critical or endangered...Do I buy the birds or incubate my own?...And Where or Where should I go to get them!...

Please Help me decide!

~Laura

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I ordered from Holderreads this year. Never ordered from them before, but I've always heard good things.

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Holderread's has good ducks. I adopted a couple of Holderread's ducks. Nice quality.

4. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I will check out Holderreads...Just not sure what I should order...I have tossed around the Buff, Welsh Harlequins or Saxony Ducks...Then what type of goose?...So Many decisions to make!

Thanks for the suggestions!

5. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok I just went ahead and placed an order with Metzer Farms...I ordered a pair of Pilgrim geese and 6 Welsh Harlequin Ducks...I am excited and I am hoping we are happy with them!... [​IMG]: weee: weee

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    I ordered 2 Welsh Harlequins, 2 Blue Swedish, and 2 Cayuga (all 6 are female) from Meyer Hatchery here in Ohio......funny thing is....they are being drop shipped from California. My guess is that they are coming from Metzer Farms as well. ChickenCrazed - I think you made a good choice!

7. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:ROFL...They probably are coming from the same hatchery...I went back and forth for days trying to make a decision until it was driving me crazy...Filled out order forms probably a dozen times...This time I just said "Go for it"...I am sure when they get here at the end of April I will be happy!...YEAH...New fuzzy butts on the way!

~Laura

8. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Quote:ROFL...They probably are coming from the same hatchery...I went back and forth for days trying to make a decision until it was driving me crazy...Filled out order forms probably a dozen times...This time I just said "Go for it"...I am sure when they get here at the end of April I will be happy!...YEAH...New fuzzy butts on the way!

~Laura

Instead of having them shipped, I was going to take the whole family out to pick them up and save a little money. But Meyer Hatchery said that the ducks they sold all came from California. I was a bit bummed for awhile......I got over it. Gotta just pull the trigger......and do it. Someone once said to me 'paralysis by analysis'....so true.

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I like my Metzer Welsh Harlequins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by