Argh... Another Help what is going on post... with pictures...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AnniesEggFarm, May 9, 2009.

1. AnniesEggFarm

AnniesEggFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    My last two birds in the 'bator (not the last two to hatch) still have not closed up their abdomen's... Here are some lovely pictues.... [​IMG]

Older chick, out about 36 hours, very bright and alert, ready to be in with friends except for his little problem [​IMG] .... Tried Prep-H today, don't notice difference yet [​IMG] ..... Any suggestions, wait, cull ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bantam out about 18 hours, (I think, lost track [​IMG] ), very bright and alert, ready to be in with friends except for his little problem [​IMG] .... Tried Prep-H today, don't notice difference yet [​IMG] ..... Any suggestions, wait, cull ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell me what you think...... [​IMG] Appreciate it [​IMG]

Jenn [​IMG]

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I'd say wait! You have nothing to lose and they have everything to lose! [​IMG]

You might consider letting the two of them keep each other company until their "problems" go away. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I say keep him by himself and if he eating and drinking give him time. The choice is yours as to how much time and effort you wish to invest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by