ARGH!!!!! Bumper Sticker Woes :P

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Guitartists, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I was SOOOOOOOO excited! I finally got around to ordering my BYC bunoer stickers..... I thought, oh! I'll get the magnetic ones in case I get a new car down the road, ONLY to find that there is NO METAL in the van I drive!!! AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH! LMAO They stick to my hubby's car and to my OLD van that broke down [​IMG] Go fig [​IMG] But it's ok... I just ordered a new set of STICKY ones! LOL

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just packed it up and it is going out today! [​IMG]

3. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry don't mean to laugh...Oh wait yes I do....Because that is EXACTLY what would happen to me.....I would by a magnetic one and have not where to stick it.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Don't stress it. If you're like me, the corner of the magnetic one will get slightly bent and you'll be driving down the road and suddenly you won't have it anymore!

5. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Sweeeet..... I can;t wait for them to get here! The others are on my fridge [​IMG] LOL

I made a comment to my DH about someone maybe stealing the magnetic ones... and he looked at me like I was nuts... LOL He was like..."seriously? You think someone would steal your BYC stickers?" But it would be MY luck [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:hahahaha [​IMG]
    He must not be a member of the site and know what a HOT item chickens (or chicken bumper stickers)

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This happened to us on both cars: My car's back is metal but is too rounded all over for the magnet. My wife's car has lots of flat space but no metal.

We use the stickers and you'd be surprised at how long they last and how easily they can be removed if you need to. We had one on the back of my wife's black car that was out in the hot sun for 2 years and the sticker came off no problem.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My truck is metal........

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The magnet ones are nice, but you have to have a completely flat metal area. Also, car washes aren't super friendly to them.

At my old job I had people take the magnet one off my old car and stick it on other co-workers cars. They were wondering why they were now proud sponsors of BYC. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by