ARGH is something wrong with my computer?--update.

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by beakkeeper, Jul 15, 2010.

1. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    The last three times I've tried to upload stuff (going into Uploads, choosing a file, resizing) it takes FOREVER (like more than an hour) and I just give up cause the rest of my family needs to use a computer. So either I just need to buy myself a laptop, or I'm not doing something right... [​IMG]

Update: ok so NOW things upload, so I tried to upload my new avatar pic. it's the right size and everything, but when I go change avatar>choose file>file name>choose>upload, it redirects me back to my "personality" page and i still have my old avatar! The "redirecting" page that I see for a few seconds says "successful upload", but I go to "my uploads" and it's not there...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Worked fine for me!

[​IMG]

3. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    Cute! well i guess I'll just try again...[​IMG]

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Quote:Nifty, those are the cutest chickies I've ever seen! They look so HAPPY!!![​IMG]

5. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    You have to force-refresh your page to show your avatar.

Hit CNTRL and F5 at the same time a couple times, then sign out if it's still not there, then it'll be there!

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Try clicking "Submit" after uploading your avatar to your personality page. After clicking submit, it should appear. If not, refresh the page or restart your BYC session.

7. Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit Mistress of Marans Manor

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    ya I am having the same issue, and NOTHING seems to work! Just continues to say the file is too large even though I made it way smaller than I use to have to!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Try creating an avatar using www.shrinkpictures.com. Make sure to change the size to 100. It will let you choose from 3 formats, then download it to your computer. Open up BYC, go to your Profile, then Personality, and upload the avatar from your computer. It is not necessary to upload it to the Uploads section of BYC.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

99.5% of the time, saving a 100 x 100 pixel image as a gif makes it small enough to be uploaded.

10. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    I can't Upload an avatar either, i used shrink pick to, i had this happen ohh in February, when i got rid off my old, one i can not upload a new one. I am stumped, i have re-sized with "paint" to .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by