ARGH! Two year old little girl hair!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gudrin, Oct 24, 2009.

1. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm fed up with my daughter's hair! No matter how much detangler or conditioner we use on it, it still gets all snarly and tangled when she sleeps. Then she cries and fusses when we comb it. I always feel so bad because I had to live through that myself for many years before it became manageable. It's just so fine, yet so incredibly curly. I want to cry with her. I just can't take it any more!

My husband WON'T comb it because of the same deal. So I get to be the bad parent. [​IMG]

*takes a deep breath* Okay, thanks. I feel better now that I got to yell a little.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Mine was EXACTLY the same way when I was little. When it got long enough, mama would braid it before I went to bed. When it was short, she put a silk scarf around my head.

3. paulpig

paulpig Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    i recommend the product It's a 10 shampoo, condition towel dry then spray 'its a 10' your daughter will thank you..............Paul

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My DH's neices' hair was like that. I remember when she was a baby..that my MIL would put baby oil in here hair so that it would be easier to pass a comb or brush through her hair.

5. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    I know cutting it off isn't a good way of dealing with it, but it's tempting. I'll have to look for that product and see if that helps. Her hair isn't long enough for braiding yet, but the scarf idea may work...If she would keep it on. I think baby oil may be too heavy for her now. When she was younger, then yes, but not now. Tempting though...

6. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if it is too short for a regular braid, maybe you can do a french braid. I'm pretty sure those work even in short hair.

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I use I.C. Corrective Response from www.costmeticmall.com

Don't use very much or it will get oily, but a little dab and it makes the tangles come out really good and makes the hair nice, shiny and soft.

I use this on my girls and their hair tangles very easily.

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    a bath in the morning with conditioner, don't brush, just bath, conditioner, rinse and the tangles will work out easier.

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Oh Lord have we been through this for the past two years. There is a product at Sally's beauty supply that comes in a squirt bottle. I cannot for the life of me recall the name but it says "spray on leave in conditioner" on the bottle and it's $5.99.
    ETA: This stuff is miraculous. 3 squirts and voila, no more screaming!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  10. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    I have the exact same problem with my hair every morning! Its really soft, fine and curly which makes for very tangly hair. I think my mom went through the same thing you are. I really would suggest what recent posts said.....try a quick bath in the morning with just a rinse through of conditioner, or the leave-in kinds. It did get easier when I got older but I'm seriously thinking about having it straightened. I'm just afraid the chemicals in the straightener would make my hair fall out!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by