ARGHHH!!! Burnt Christmas Cookies!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I can't seem to get my act together today. I have tried to bake some sugar cookies and Gingerbread cookies. Half of each batch has scorched on the bottoms [​IMG] I get so frustrated when this stuff happens. Think I'm gonna throw my hands up in the air and say forget it! [​IMG] Maybe tomorrow? I hope....

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Burnt Christmas cookies are a time-held tradition in my family, it's even trickled down to my dd's family. [​IMG] Wouldn't be Christmas without the smell of burnt cookies wafting through my house... [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Don't worry. I tried to make brownies. They turned out more bricks first, so I put on some frosting... and in the morning, they were falling apart like a bad fudge like they "uncooked" themselves.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Ok, now THAT is a visual!

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

hahaha

I put on some frosting on the brownies!

I guess the right way to say it is , I put frosting on the brownies. LOL

I still close the lights!!!

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Just remember that even after you take cookies out of the oven they will continue to cook for a bit.
    Growing up my mom was famous for burned cookies.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ahhhhhh. Christmas music playing softly in the backround.....children giggling and laughing......a warm fire glowing...and the smell of BURNT Christmas cookies....now THATS Christmas! Happens EVERY YEAR here. Except now there are no giggling children....just the cackle of hens! [​IMG]

8. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Burnt?!!! WELLLLLL.....get in the boat...it's a big one!
    I think I was here first....but don't worry, plenty of room.

When I was first married, had my in-laws for supper...served 'runny casserole', then slipped on water my MIL had left in the floor (she was softening sheetrock mud..we were remodeling)
    tossed the mac and cheese and salad straight up in the air, landed flat on my face...and the Rev. calmly looked around and said...this is a quote "oh, don't worry about her, she does that all the time!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    JUST EAT THE DOUGH!!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Aisle12Farms

Aisle12Farms Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    I love to cook. Baking, however, is a task I just don't have any passion towards.

I was taught to cook "by sight" by an Italian mom. You know, a pinch of this, and a pinch of that. Turns out that doesn't work so well when one is baking. My last straw was when I jazzed up Rice Krispy Treats...I threw in a pinch too many of the Krispy's and had a pan of bricks.

I figure that everyone has a purpose in life. One of mine is to support the families of those that DO bake. I have helped to pay for the braces, clothing, and the education of many bakers families throughout my adult life time. I have embraced it.

Thankfully, my teen daughter has a knack for baking. The deal currently is that I cook, she bakes, and the boys do the clean up. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Enjoy the holidays.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by