Arghhhh!!!! My quail are sooo anoying!

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Hey everyone! My stupid bobwhites have been crowing nonstop sence 4:30!!!!! I'm going to kill them! Have you eve heard over 17 bobwhites starr crowing all at once??

Needed to vent

Bob Whites? Or Coturnix? Because I Have 3 Speces Of Bob White, Have Had For A Few Years And I Have Yet To Hear A Single 1 Crow.....

Meanwhile On The Other Side Of The Yard I Have Coturnix That Will Crow 24/7

My bobwhites never crow.
sad.png

I have 17 northern bobwhite quail that are 27 weeks old. They start early and crow like crazy untill 6:40 or so

Bryan I'm Stumped..... Had Bob Speces For A Long While And Never Heard Of Anything Like It. Granted I've Never Had "northern Bob Whites" Maybe Its A Yankee Thing--- Jk Lol. But Seriously Tho I Have Ga Giants And Butler Bob Whites And Have Had Just Regular Run O The Mill Bob Whites. I Have Never In My Bird Farming Or In My Hunting Life Heard A Bob White Crow.

Can You Describe The Sound? This Has My Curiousity Piqued.

Also You Said It Started At 04:30? Is This An Everyday Thing? Or Just Today? I'm Thinking Maybe A Predator Lurking Around And They Feel Threatened??? Idk--- Grasping At Straws Here On This 1

There just the regular run of the mill bobwhites

They are exactly 24 weeks and 3 days old.
(just checked)

Its a high pitched squell

heres a bobwhite calling, it sounds just like this but louder

Ive raise bobwhites for a while too but this is the longest ive ever kept them.... mostly they get sold by ten weeks

The Single "bob White" Whistle Call? Thats A General Locator Call--- Can You See If The Covey Is Togather Or Seperated In The Pen When They Do It? May Be Something As Simple As Putting A Light In There So They Can See Each Other. Is It Just Your Birds? Or Do You Have Wild Birds Calling To Your Youngsters And Instigating It? Idk-- Trying To Cover All The Bases Here...

The Only Time Mine Ever Do The Locator Call Is When I Have Had An Escapee--- Have You Done A Head Count? They May Be Looking For One Of Their Own--- Had Any Trouble With Predators Recently?

They are in a 4ft x 6 ft cage

They all all there and have a light so they can see each other.

The cage is inside of my shed so predators are not an issue.

I think they do it to anoy me.....

Also its louder than that call and is a little more raspy. After the guys do it the females make a quiter nosie like that

I still havent goten eggs yet either!

~Bryan

Back
Top Bottom