ARGHHHHH....AT&T phone company

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by perolane, Dec 20, 2010.

1. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Decided to go over my bank statement yesterday (Sunday)...it seems that when I paid my phone bill online with my debit card, they debited my account FOUR TIMES!!!!!! We're talking about almost $400!!!! [​IMG] Of course it's Sunday so nobody there to yell at. I'll have to do it from work today. Betcha they won't return it as fast as they took it!!!! [​IMG]

2. perolane

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Just as I thought...after 20 minutes on my cell phone, outside freezing my rear off, funds will be returned to my account in 3-5 business days....which with the holidays is 12/23 OR 12/27. [​IMG] Then had the nerve to wish me a Merry Christmas!!! [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]

Can you call your bank and have them not honor the 3 additional charges?

What a nightmare!

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I'm cancelling AT&T after the first of the year, because of their inscurance(sp?) I had a Tundra & it quit working. They wouldn't replace it with a Tundra, because they don't carry them for inscurance replacements. They replaced it with a much cheaper phone. I wish they'd have told me that before I got it. This isn't the 1st time this has happened! See ya AT&T! Go rip somebody else off, not me anymore!

6. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I would want to talk to the manager or something, plus, do you have a plan for service charges @ bank? Or will each withdraw cost you a service charge too, plus the 20 min. on cell phone is not free. Maybe if you get anytime off, durning bussiness hours, you really could talk to someone higher up.. that's ridicules!!
    [​IMG]

7. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    AT&T made me and DH mad and so we switched to Verizon. They had several chances to make it up to us and refused to until we were at Verizon switching his number to his new phone! We were like "well it's kinda too late now, were already switching [​IMG] "

We were having trouble with service and making phone calls, they said it was because of our area we lived in and when we informed them we were switching they said that Verizon shares the towers with AT&T! BULL!! I get better service now!

8. perolane

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    This is for my "land line" & internet service.....I have a pre-paid Tracfone cell. For the cell, I buy about $50 worth (400) of minutes a year, don't need any more than that as I'm not a phone person.

My bank can't help at this point as using a debit card means immediate withdrawal...but there'll be no charges for any of it.

I guess the major frustration in all of this was that it took them just a few minutes to take it out....why do you have to wait so long to get it back???

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Perolane I just killed our house phone and we went to cells (Verizon) only because of AT&T's crap...over billing, iver charging and crap service....if it rained our phone went out, if the wind blew it was out and sometimes for as much as 2 weeks before they got "their lines" fixed".

AT&T BITES!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by