arhhhhhhhhhh didn't order and can't find

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
Cardboard brooder guard I thought I could just get it at a store I have called tsc,orshcelns, and town and country nobody has it argh.
barnie.gif
I saw some boxes at the cafe I used to work at guess I will go raid them and order some for later
smack.gif
myself chicks will be here sunday or monday

Hennyhandler

SilkieJax
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Cullman
It is this flexible roll of cardboard like stuff that you unroll and it makes a large round circle. You place it on a surface and then you can put your chickies in there and it keeps drafts away from your babies. It pretty much acts as a brooder. I thought about getting one but as I am getting ducks this time not chicks I thought something else would be better. I have heard they can be quite messy.
love.gif

I have only seen them in poultry mags no where else.

meriruka

Songster
12 Years
Oct 18, 2007
I use one of those 40 gallon plastic totes, also easy to clean & can be used over & over.

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
My last batch of chicks was 21, and after 2 weeks in the house I was done with that! I set up a large circle of 4' chicken wire in the garage, braced with whatever was at hand. I was worried about drafts though.

Luckily, I was at the grocery store shopping and the Budweiser rep was there- they had changed a display and there was a 18" tall roll of corrugated cardboard headed for the dumpster! I asked, they gave it to me!
woot.gif

So my chicks grew up reading about Budweiser!
lau.gif
That might explain why they are such a feisty bunch.........................

Last edited:

Top Bottom