Arizona chicken owner looking for new chicks!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jeepgirl13, Mar 14, 2013.

1. jeepgirl13

jeepgirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Arizona
    Hey guys! This is the third time I've asked this, sorry just started using this site! I'm looking for suggestions for new breeds. I want some really colorful, fun to look at chickens. Egg color isn't so important but I would like good egg productivity. Also if anyone can direct me to some hatcheries that ship here, I'm near East mesa, I would be eternally grateful! :D

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Do you have feed store near you, They should have baby chicks for sell, My Buff orpington and Barred rock are excellent layers, and they are pretty birds!

3. jeepgirl13

Mar 13, 2013
    Arizona
    The feed stores have a limited selection, like two breeds. :( I want some blues and greens and bright shiny Colors. A rainbow flock I guess you would say! :D I want a rooster so I'm thinking maybe he will be my colored one. Know of any breeds popular for producing tame roos?

4. jeepgirl13

Mar 13, 2013
    Arizona
    I've even seen a chicken with purple feathers! That's my kind of chicken! Lmao!

5. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Yes I like colorful chickens ! Its hard to find some breeders out there, but maybe contact local 4-H clubs, maybe they can help you .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by