Arizona Desert?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 65browneyes, Apr 13, 2007.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Here we are, nearly halfway through April, in Arizona (known for it's dry, hot climate, right?), and this is what we woke up to this morning:

This is the view from my front door.

[​IMG]

A bit closer view here.

[​IMG]

I am SO ready to move on into true Spring! My garden is screaming for planting!! LOL

photo editing only

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  2. SAZLife

SAZLife Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2007
    Oh c'mon now. It's beautiful out! The 110 degree days will be here before you know it. This looks like some of the stuff over near Benson or maybe up toward Safford. The garden here in T-town is already up and running. The strawberries are already tasty and the bush beans are creeping up on 1' high.

The LW and I just found out today that we are inheriting our first fully grown fowl. 2 hens and a duck. We'll know more tomorrow about breeds and such. It'll be a fun learning experience for sure.[​IMG]

Enjoy today.

Andy

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Very pretty pics, Chicken Mama. What part of AZ are you in?

4. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    SAZ......it is beautiful, yes! And, I know the 110's (even 120's here) will be here soon enough. However, we keep warming up, freezing, warming, freezing....you get the picture. Even the mesquites have bloomed already. blah blah blah.....k, I'm done whining now! LOL

Carri.........I'm in North Central Arizona. 100 miles or so north of Phoenix. I love living here, really have the best of so many worlds. And, my view can't be beat, either!

Edited to say "Thanks for the compliment on the pics. I don't have a photographic eye at all, but when the scenery is this great, it's hard to go wrong."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Quit making me homesick.....

That reminds me of the Verde Valley but it's been so many years since I've been there. Beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing.

6. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Wow........Becky........this IS the Verde Valley!! I'm in Cottonwood. I take it you're from here?

7. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Grew up in Phoenix when it was a cowtown. [​IMG] And I lived there for years after marriage. We've taken a lot of day trips up into the mountains. Camp Verde and Cottonwood were always among our favorites. If we could have figured out a way to make a living I'm sure we would have settled in that area. It is soooo beautiful there. And Sedona! Oh what a wonderful place that was until the New Ager's and billionaires ruined it. Thanks for sharing and bringing back some wonderful memories.

8. Redneckchick

Redneckchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Jeez, I miss Camp Verde !! I built my uncle and aunt a retirement house few years back and stayed there during the week and headed south on weekends to Pheonix to shop & play...I envy the scenery and people there. One day I'll go back to hopefully retire when the time comes...

9. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Not into the "vortex" thing, eh, Becky? I don't blame you. A little too "different" for my taste! LOL

Redneck, we have a lot of people who live here who spend their weekends shopping and playing in Phoenix. I'm not one. Not much of a city girl, although this 'little' town is sure becoming a mini Phoenix.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed reminiscing a bit!

10. AZChick

AZChick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2007
    Arizona
    Hey Zonies!!! Good you all are here. Seems like a great thread to mention that Penny (Ricochet Ranch) and I are planning an Arizona Chicken stock in the fall. We will have it here at my place. I am in Queen Creek so it is just about mid state. Please post in the Chcikenstock section what dates in September or October will work for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by