1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Arizona Safford valley

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by cactusrota, Mar 16, 2017.

1. cactusrota

cactusrota Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2014
    Fort Thomas, AZ
    Looking through all the "Arizona" threads I'm finding it seems pretty much everyone is in the main valley (Phoenix/Tucson), or down in Cochise county, or up north. I don't see any mention of places in Graham County. So I thought I would make a spot for that. Who knows, maybe someone from around here will stumble across this as some point and come out of the closet.

I'm in Fort Thomas. I've had chickens, as well has quail and guineas, and helped my brother raise ducks and turkeys. But have been on the road with my husband the last few years as semi truck owner operators. We are so done with that now, so I'm starting over again with a new flock right now. I've got five birds that my brother let me pick out of his flock up in WA, but they are currently mixed in with a cousins flock in Utah. (long story) I'm currently raising some Black Australorp, Barred Rock, and Mottled Java chicks. I eventually plan on starting up again on coturnix quail, but probably not right away.

So please, if you live anywhere in what we call the Upper Gila Valley or the Safford Valley, from I-10 to San Carlos or Globe, here's a place for us!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by