Arizona Shows?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by bantamfan, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Does anyone know about any shows in Arizona? I know there used to be a group in the Safford, AZ area who put on a great show years ago, and I believe it was in January although I might be mistaken.
    I drove down from the high country to see it, but have moved to the valley area now, and know nothing of anything down here.

Thanks, bantamfan

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Have you checked the Arizona thread in the "where am I, where are you" forum? They may know there.

3. allbreednut

allbreednut Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    That Safford show (second weekend in January) used to be put on by the Coronado Poultry Breeders Assn, which disbanded. A more recent group, Gila Valley Poultry Club, took over the same date. I don't know if they are having a show next month, but you should be able to find out from Scott Hawkins, (918) 485-2051.

4. allbreednut

Dec 8, 2008
    There is also a good-sized show in Tucson, but it's usually held the weekend after Thanksgiving.

5. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Thanks guys I appreciate the help

6. allbreednut

Dec 8, 2008
    Just noticed that the Scott Hawkins phone number above should read area code 520. He's in a small town near Safford. (918 was my Oklahoma area code ... LOL ... early stages of Alzheimers. Sorry if anyone dialed a wrong number.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by