Arizona Silkies

GoldBarRanch

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
Welcome to the Arizona Silkie thread. A place for Arizona Silkie owners to share photos , stories, ect and get to know your local Silkie owners in your state. Come on in and relax . And most of all share , share, share
jumpy.gif

Hi! My name is Shannon. I am new to chickens, but not to birds in general. I am a hobby breeder of several variety of small parrots. I am looking for a show quality silkie here in AZ. I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. I am not opposed to a roo, I would just like to hear one in person before commiting. I am in East Mesa, right on the Apache Junction border. I appreciate any help and look forward to chatting with you all!
Um there are a few on out that way. I know aurorarose has nice ones.

Hi, new to the thread! Relatively new to silkies, as well. My two are three months old right now. The white one's Sugar and the brown one is Spice, and I'm pretty sure they're male and female respectively. My local feed store happened to have silkie chicks in October and I couldn't resist bringing some home. They are SO SOFT! I can't get over it! Totally different from all my other chooks, I can totally see why traders in the 1800's got away with calling them rabbit-chicken crosses. Spice is a bit more independent than Sugar; Sugar is basically a living teddy bear.

Hello, thanks for sending me the message of this thread. =D Ill have plenty of pics to post and plenty to talk about LOL

This is dior and one of her many hatches.

This is Vivienne, she just got let out a few days go with her first hatch and this is the first thing on her mind. She is white btw. LOL
The Partridge is Kim, i hatched her from some eggs i got from terri. And The buff is Tori. She is shy.

This is fluff with her first hatch also. She is broody again. The one chick with the orange beak is a silkie but for some strange reason it hatched with yellow skin. Dont know why. LOL And you can see Dior and Vivienne in the other "rooms".
Here is my crazy rooster splash.

Back
Top Bottom