Arizona

Kismet House

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 13, 2013
I am considering renovating our Aluminum shed into a Chicken Coop. My concern is the high temperatures in Phoenix. Does anyone have any experience with Aluminum coops in Az? If proper ventilation was installed would it be okay?

We have a metal shed in San Diego and it gets really hot and our climate is much cooler than yours. I would think you would need a ::lot:: of ventilation and possibly some insulation in the roof. Our coop is completely open (no sides at all) so has stayed cool. Will the chickens be in there during the day? We painted our roof with white paint recently and it has helped some in the shed.

We converted a metal shed - different climate here but check out my page... don't be afraid to cut large squares out! We insulate our roof with thin rigid rectangles of foam insulation and this person's shed coop was my original inspiration:

The photos above are very open ~ I'm still occasionally tempted to cut more out of mine, but we get quite a bit of weather here = our current openings are working well.

Back
Top Bottom