Arkansas folks speak up.........

Pics

wranglerFB

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Arkansas
I looked in most all the lists here an seen only a few folks from AR I know there must be more around .....I am in west central not to far from a place called Mena ........anyone else around???just so y'all will be able to put a face to the person
startedwithbeardFB1.jpg

Hi y’all! I’m new here so I sure hope I’m doing this right! My name is Haley and I currently live and take care of chickens in central AR! I wasn’t expecting to take care of chickens long term but my 12 girls came into my life unexpectedly at my workplace and now I love them more than anything! I came here by research on the internet and was so excited to discover a whole website full of people dedicated to loving these unique animals!

Anyway, I have no clue what I’m doing. I’m learning from google, day by day but I wanna give my girls the best lives I can give them. Right now it’s as simple as feeding them well, keeping their water fresh, their coop is clean, and loving on them when I can but I feel like I could be doing more or doing better! I’ve got lots of questions and if anyone has some amazing beginner advice or simply wants to chat, I’m open to it! My biggest areas of concern are: noticing and monitoring potential sickness or infection/injuries, keeping their area clean (besides the coop), how to prepare for winter, how to clip wings correctly, and proper care for collecting eggs as they’ve started laying!

I know this post is long but I’m passionate about this now and I wanna do it right! I look forward to potentially getting to chat with folks:) pictured are some of them! I have 12: the three oldest are Robirda, Gerdy, and Claire. Then the 9 raised together are Emerald, Mocha, Tippy, Tiny, Tawny, Rupple, Chickita, Henny, and Dot.

Attachments

• D3F7BBC7-0C47-4E3F-8B83-A4FE8333F523.jpeg
    D3F7BBC7-0C47-4E3F-8B83-A4FE8333F523.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom