ARKANSAS, Spotted Tiny Mini Donkey Gelded Male For Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by katemary63, Jun 18, 2008.

1. katemary63

katemary63 Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Dover, AR
    Jack Frost is an adorable, tiny, spotted, 3 year old, miniature donkey. He is sweet, friendly and well behaved. He will halter and lead. He is too small for riding but makes a great pet for a kid or anyone. Jack is just wonderful with people and will even come up to you in the pasture for scratches and grain treats. He gets along great with poultry, cats, horses and older cows.

Jack DOES NOT GET ALONG WITH DOGS OR ANYTHING THAT IS SMALLER THEN HE IS. He is VERY territorial and will kill any dog or animal that comes into his territory. He will even attack newborn calves. He chases goats and sheep. He would make a GREAT poultry flock guard. ( He is in my duck pen right now).

Jack gets along fine with our Llama. ( see other post from Arkansas) It's funny, the 2 of them both chase other animals but not each other!

Jack is a wonderful donkey. His territorial behavior is just him being a good donkey and protecting his space. He is not in any way a mean animal with people. We have taken him to several petting zoos and he was great. We have barn cats and he has never harmed them. He is very tiny and easy to handle. We just have SO MANY barn yard animals and it is getting too hard to keep him separated from the ones he can't be with. For someone with a different set up, he would be a wonderful addition to the barnyard or poultry flock. $200 Call Lisa @ 479-970-5396

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    so he would not be good in a pasture with goats , chickens and turkeys?

3. katemary63

May 19, 2008
    Dover, AR
    Jack Frost could never be put in a pen with goats. He would chase them and kill them. He would be just fine with chickens and turkeys. Our chickens and ducks are in his pen all the time and we have never had a problem. He is such a sweet donkey with people. I have many pictures to email if you are interested. My little girl can catch him, halter him and bath him, no problem. He is getting his feet trimmed tomorrow and will be wormed and have his shots.

4. katemary63

May 19, 2008
    Dover, AR
    Let me clarify that. There are some adult goats that would give Jack a run for his money. He has been with my adult Katadin sheep wether and while he chases him some, he can't hurt him, the sheep is bigger then he is. So, what I mean is that Jack would hurt or kill goats that are smaller then himself or who are too whimpy to defend themselves.

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    How big is he? Would he kill a small human? [​IMG]

6. katemary63

May 19, 2008
    Dover, AR
    Are you just joking?
    I have said, he is very good with people, kids included.
    He is very tiny, about the size of a large goat.

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Can you post a pic? Honestly, just 'cause I have never seen a mini donkey and it might help you find a home for him.

8. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Kate- Where in Arkansas are you? I can possibly help you rehome him. Its a shame you didnt post about him a couple months ago- I was looking for a companion for my AQHA gelding. ( I ended up buying an AMHR pony instead) But! If you are close enough, I bet I can help.

9. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Quote:I certainly hope you are kidding... LOL She did say he was very people friendly. Donky's are considered livestock guardians- thats what they are used for. ( among other things)

10. katemary63

May 19, 2008
    Dover, AR
    I have great pictures of him, how do I post them? I have no idea.

BTW, I am not giving him away. He is for sale for $200. I paid $250 for him and have since had him gelded. For the right person, he will be a great pet or poultry flock guardian. He is only 3 and could live well over 30 years! I will wait to find a buyer or keep him. Juggling him with our other stock is annoying, but not impossible and I don't need to get rid of him immediately or anything.

Now, how do you post pictures????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by