Arlo hits the Farmer's market

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by QuinnP, Aug 6, 2010.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Last Saturday I took my Arlo to the weekly Farmer's market. She is very sociable & enjoys being in public. I took my wheelchair. She was a big hit! She clucked a lot, ate some banana bread & tried on a few cute bibs. Everyone loved her & she was petted & complimented on her prettness. We listened to a guy playing the guitar & she cocked her head & was listening! I took her to every booth & showed her off. She clucked over a nest box in one booth & pecked a few things, tasted Kettle Corn & had a nap in the grass. She had a good time.

Yes, I've got a hen. Arlo is female. Which makes it ok for me to dress her up in cute pink things!!!

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Ok you cant post that pink cute things thingy without photos!!!

3. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    hahaha ok!!!!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I agree..pics. [​IMG]

5. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    have to find my camera & then mail the pics to someone who has a scanner.

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Yes, post pics! I'm so curious about people taking their birds to strange places. Someone here on BYC is taking their rooster to the beach this weekend! I don't even get to go to the beach.

7. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    just heard that a few days ago some rotten little #&#&# dunked Arlo in a pond. I'm gonna yank somebody's nads off.

8. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Ooh this is too cute! Nugget and Arlo should go out for a day together [​IMG] Nuggs loves the farmers market too! Although I think he'd straight up murder me if I dressed him in pretty things. [​IMG] Pictures! Agreed!

9. paigerdoodle

paigerdoodle Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    Lexington, Kentucky
    What a lovely idea! Maybe I can take my Gwinnie to the market! She does love getting petted on and being the center of attention!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by