Armed Forces parents, families and SUPPORTERS check in here!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WriterofWords, Jul 10, 2010.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    If you do not support our military families move on, this is not the place for your views to be expressed or opinions stated.

I was talking with Sugar Sand Farm about our army sons, and I thought it would be nice for us to have a place to talk, post pictures and updates, ask for prayers and support from others, and just congregate. As you can tell from my first line, this is not the place to air any anti-government or military views, or political gripes, please do not do that and get this shut down, because I will ask for it to be shut down or offensive posts removed.

My pride and joy, my son: PFC Steven Livingston
    [​IMG]

PS: Vote for me!
    www.americadeservesaraise.com/nomination/WriterofWords

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That's great Boyd! She's lucky to have you!

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    My son Roland is a Sgt in the Marine Corp. He is stationed in Quantico, Virginia. I am very proud of him! I don't have a way to post Pics. [​IMG] I need to buy a camera, learn to put them on computer then learn to post them here. UGG......Darn, being computer illiterite.

Micah

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That's ok Micah, and hurrah for your son!

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Right now there are a couple of my StepMom's family over yonder.

Dad, Papa Dub, Ol Papa all served... but none out of me, my bro and my sis.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Just wanted to say that I support all the military families out there. And thanks to all of the men and women who are in the armed forces.

8. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    My son is at Ft Lewis in Washington State...just got there two weeks ago from El Paso and the Sgt Major's Academy...he has done well and I am very proud of him...he has been in 22 years now...he went in at 17 with a GED and now has a Master's Degree and a Pilot's license and all sorts of things I can not begin to recount...his father served 25 years...his grandfather died in Europe in WWII...
    I served three and my other son served six in the Army...all males in the family dating back to the Revolution have served except two and my father who dq'd because of physical issues...his brother was Army and landed on Normandy Beach on D day...

I wont bore you with any of the rest but the military has been like family life and I miss living in that community...they are the best of us...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Before I forget. For those who are serving or have check out USAA. It's only available to military and their families but they offer great rates on car insurance (and according to mom on homeowners and other stuff) and I've NEVER come across a better bank. When they say no fees they actually mean it. Wonderful customer service to boot. But, the one in the service has to sign up... then you, spouse, kids, steps, their kids, their wives, etc. can all use it. My whole family knew nothing about it at all, but my Mom's Hubby's Dad did, so we got signed in from there. We started with just car insurance, they quoted us $100 less per six months than ANY other carrier.. then when we actually signed it was another $50 less per six months than the quote. MAJOR savings. We've never had to use it, but mom has and they do not fuss, they trust their customers (being as they are honorable people who risked their lives for their country and all) so they just cut the check. That is just not normal for a bank or insurance carrier so I share with anyone who could use it. The way Vets are treated... well when you find a company that goes above and beyond you gotta share. Go snoop at usaa.com if interested.

Modly Ones feel free to delete if that was too much of a push.

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you all. I also appreciate the link to help out our vets and families. Suggestions are always welcome and I don't see a problem as long as we aren't advertising ourselves as a representative or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by