Army Crawl???????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ShanCarl1971, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ShanCarl1971

ShanCarl1971 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    One of my pullets is walking around close to the ground in an army-like crawl!!! She CAN walk normally........ she does this crawl for a while then gets up and walks normally, then back to a crawl. She is a 12 week old Golden Comet, eating well, drinking normally, looks good ........ any ideas???????????????[​IMG]

2. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    I just found out that is something they do before they start laying....

3. ShanCarl1971

Apr 23, 2011
    I was kinda thinking that might be it, because her face and comb are definitely darker pink than the others. But, she's only 12 weeks old!! I guess I wasn't expecting anything like that for a few more weeks yet! They aren't even in their coop yet!! They are still sleeping in a dog house!! I guess I better hurry!!! (coop will be finished tonight or tomorrow) Hopefully some others will chime in and we can get a concensus.....lol

4. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    I hope so to cause I don't want to be wrong and you poor thing are running around trying to get your coop finished!! [​IMG] I think it still takes a few days maybe a week or so (heck if I know) until they start laying once they do that. Someone else chime in!!! [​IMG]

5. ShanCarl1971

Apr 23, 2011
    LOL...... I'm not rushing!!...... we (mostly ME) are actually working on getting it finished tonight or tomorrow anyway ...... after 12 weeks, it about time!! I just have a little bit more to do for it to be finished. But, maybe this WILL get me a little more help from my husband, though....lol!!

6. ShanCarl1971

Apr 23, 2011
    Anyone else have any idea???????

7. FlyingNunFarm

FlyingNunFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Chardon, OH

Did you ever find an answer to this army crawl? I have an almost year old doing it today. Just like you described. She can walk and run normal. She suddenly sort of squats and walks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by