Army Wives....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EKC Farms in the desert, Nov 16, 2011.

1. EKC Farms in the desert

EKC Farms in the desert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    New River, AZ
    Did any body on here watch Army Wives when it was on? I never watched it, until a few months ago. I had a few friends who watched it religiously when it was being aired. I never had a desire to watch it. After one of my friends told me weekly that I really needed to watch it on Netflix; I finally gave in. I was sucked into Netflix for a few weeks; while I watched every episode of Army Wives. Netflix released the last season a bit ago and I am half way thru it. Let me just tell you I haven't had so many tears in forever. My DH doens't understand how I can tear up over a show. I hope the cast will decide to get back together and make a few more episodes. I am hooked!!

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I wanted to, but my dh is military, and just starting to watch it makes me tear up. Sad, but some things can just have such a profound effect on your emotions, even if they aren't real.

3. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I watched like 3 episodes, but being a military wife for 10 years... eh. Enough real time dramatics and emotional turmoil going on at the time. Might watch it now that he's out though.

4. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Amazeing series

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    far ,far away from reality...

6. EKC Farms in the desert

EKC Farms in the desert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    New River, AZ
    I was the one in the uniform for 7 years and I had plenty of Military Dependent friends, and I know that its a total drama show- nothing like the real military. I guess being out for a few years I miss the Military and its a way to reconnect (so to speak). One of the friends of mine who got me into watching it- had to watch the last season while her husband was deployed. She said that was the hardest thing for her- but she couldn't stop watching it. I have a few more episodes to go. This is by far the most tears I have ever had on a show.

7. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Quote:Sadly, that's the way a lot of military related movies are.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Sadly, that's the way a lot of military related movies are.

you should watch Army related movies with our family. Even my kids roll their eyes when they show something wrong with a uniform.

9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I have to agree, not realistic or even close to my Army life [​IMG] but I still loved the series!

10. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Former soldier & army wife of 12 yrs I do still enjoy army wives. It is a 50/50 split of real & not. Biggest thing I will say commissioned do NOT usually hang out with non-commissioned, especially not lower enlisted & that is the plot of every show. An FRG with lower enlisted would not have a Generals wife. The Generals wife would attend the "coffees" that is for the officers spouses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by