arocona eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RPetChicks, Dec 1, 2008.

1. RPetChicks

RPetChicks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Hi every one this is my first time whith chickens I have a small flock of 6 though I am planing to get more in the spring. I have been having some truble whith my aracaunas they have not started laying. My others have been laying for 3-4 weeks. One of my aracaunas has had a very red comb for a few weeks but she has not started laying. whats up? [​IMG]

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

they dont like you.

lol [​IMG]
    all hens are different,, some lay early, some late, sometimes its the feed, sometimes the "coop and nests" and sometimes,,, its because they just wanna see you squirm.

3. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    LOL!!!!!!!!!

4. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    No worries.....keep in mind it is winter and the days are getting shorter.
    My little ones are 22 weeks old - Ameraucaner and Cochins - nothing yet.
    My adults are still molting and lay less eggs than during the days with more sunlight in summer. I just let nature do its thing. How old are your little ones?

5. DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Beaufort SC
    Do you have Araucanas or do you have Ameraucanas/EE? I have both and my EEs are the same age as my RIR, SLW, W ROCKS, and W Giants. All but the EEs and the Giants a laying. I think one of the giants started laying yesterday. My EEs seem to be just slow. My Araucanas are still young. Good luck Brad.

6. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I bought some Ameracauna chicks last Easter Sunday. A girlfriend of mine breeds and shows them--she sold me a few because I loved those blue eggs! They JUST started laying their beautiful blue eggs last week!!! Maybe they are just slow to mature?? I cant believe they decided to start in NOVEMBER! It is cold here in Iowa![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by