Arrested For A Balloon Fight-Are you kiddin'?!?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FluffyColor, Jun 21, 2010.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Three weeks ago, in the streets of New York City, a group of teens had a water balloon fight. Someone CALLED the POLICE and had them ARRESTED!!! Give me a break, it was 92 degrees outside! They went to jail. For what? What could they possibly be charged for? No one was being hurt.

Yet they let kids get away with attempted posioning? I don't get it.

[​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Do you have a link to the story?

There is obviously more to it than just a water balloon fight.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My son was almost suspended for pouring cold water on his friends head - the friend asked him to because it was 10-5 degrees out. I raised HELL and he stayed in school.

4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Some cranky old person probably complained and they were arrested for disturbing the peace or some BS. I grew up in NY and I remember as a kid when we use to get a wrench and open the fire hydrants when it was 90+ degrees out and all the kids on the block would come out and play. Hell that was usually foundation for a block party! Do that nowadays and SOMEBODY is going to jail.

5. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    i heard on FOX5 news that people were having a water balloon fight, when another kid came by, the people threw it at them, and do you know what was inside the water balloon? BLEACH! it makes your eyes bleed! luckily, the kid lived, and the balloon throwers are still on the loose... the police are trying to find them...

6. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    There ya go. I figured there was more to it.

7. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    Quote:your welcome! [​IMG]

[ i always wanted to help a moderator! ]

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
  9. kezabel

kezabel Chillin' With My Peeps

I went to my dd school the other day to pick her up because she was sick and in the sick bay. While waiting in the office area 3 boys came in a bit wet not soaking and had to see the principle about wetting each other at lunch time in the playground. Even a few ladies who worked in the office said Why are they here they are just a little wet with water, but one of the teachers had sent them in to see the princple about it> ????? Is it illegal to wet someone with water these days? lol seems like it

10. kezabel

kezabel Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That is terrible there are some sick people in the world

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by