Arrghhh...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sara, Jan 9, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Well, I guess I am just going to have to get down on my hands and knees and beg them to start laying eggs again. Not one single hen is laying. I might actually have to go to the store and buy eggs. I have 8 eggs left to my name. I though for sure this little warm up would give someone the idea to lay, but not a single one. [​IMG]

2. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Mine have started laying some more...do yours have access to lay in a different spot? mine have been known to lay in the barn instead of the coop sometimes as I have found 12 eggs in the barn when I dont get to many from the coop. and the days are starting to get longer so they should start back soon...

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I've got 13 hens and I'm getting 1 egg a day now. [​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Time for a little chat......
    My girls are gonna get the chat tomorrow - we will either be eating lots of eggs, or fried chicken [​IMG] (hey it might work!)

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Don't give up hope.....mine just recently started giving me more than a couple a week. At Thanksgiving I had to buy eggs so I'd have enough to make pumpkin pies.....didn't make me happy!!

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Yup...I had to buy eggs. :mad: Last year I had a light set up and I got eggs all winter...never got around to it this year and now they are on strike. Oh well, they are good girls and I guess they can have a little break.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by