Arrghhh...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sara, Jan 9, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Well, I guess I am just going to have to get down on my hands and knees and beg them to start laying eggs again. Not one single hen is laying. I might actually have to go to the store and buy eggs. I have 8 eggs left to my name. I though for sure this little warm up would give someone the idea to lay, but not a single one. [​IMG]

2. Chatychick

Chatychick Songster

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Mine have started laying some more...do yours have access to lay in a different spot? mine have been known to lay in the barn instead of the coop sometimes as I have found 12 eggs in the barn when I dont get to many from the coop. and the days are starting to get longer so they should start back soon...

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I've got 13 hens and I'm getting 1 egg a day now. [​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Time for a little chat......
    My girls are gonna get the chat tomorrow - we will either be eating lots of eggs, or fried chicken [​IMG] (hey it might work!)

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Don't give up hope.....mine just recently started giving me more than a couple a week. At Thanksgiving I had to buy eggs so I'd have enough to make pumpkin pies.....didn't make me happy!!

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Songster

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Yup...I had to buy eggs. :mad: Last year I had a light set up and I got eggs all winter...never got around to it this year and now they are on strike. Oh well, they are good girls and I guess they can have a little break.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: