Arrrr the hair!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Black Feather, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Uhg, I don't know about the rest of you, but every once in a while I just feel so totally overwhelmed by all the pet hair!! It's EVERYWHERE!!! It's in my cloths, on the furniture, in the blankets and even making dust dinosaurs under the couch! It's taking over my house!!

I just spent 45 minutes de-hairing a blanket. If I spent that much time de-hairing myself I wouldn't have any hair left on my body.

Uhg, anyone have any pet hair survival strategies? I should buy stock in sticky tape [​IMG]

Urban Coyote

2. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    lol shave your pets

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I use a damp cloth or towel to rub most of the cat hair off the furniture, then dustbust what I couldn't get. I've actually rolled packing tape over my hand and lower arm (sticky side out) and dabbed at the furniture too. [​IMG]

4. smileybritches

smileybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

9 dogs 6 cats--i feel your pain. "didn't i just sweep this floor this morning??!!" "i am NOT washing that blanket in my washer", "man i forgot to rinse the washer out BEFORE i washed my black jeans" [​IMG] but life would be so boring without them!![​IMG]

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I use a dishglove to remove hair from the furniture. I just rub the couch and it just all balls up. If we had the dogs inside the house it would be so hairy, 4 cats is enough. I hate washing the dogs blankets in the washer.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have poodles. They don't shed. They have real hair not fur. [​IMG]

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have leather furniture.....it is amazing how nice it has been not having hair stuck to it. [​IMG] We will NOT, however, talk about what kitty claws do to leather. [​IMG] I have pretty much banned my family from wearing black and every day, when dropping my kids off at school I catch myself brushing them off as much as possible. *sigh* I consider the hair we eat just an extra source of fiber. LOL You know that whole silver lining thing. [​IMG]

8. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Thank y'all so much for reminding me why the only pets I have are outside chickens. My companion (house) dog of 12 years was a plush coated GSD. Not the long haired, like a collie, but plush. Still thick and long. Before that it was a house husky. I totally understand. I finally got a Rainbow vacuum, with the water in the tank, and vacuumed everything. Furniture, tables, curtains, clothes, etc. It's the only thing that saved my life.

9. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    I'm glad I'm not the only one in pain here. I have two indoor cats and GSD. I washed two pet blankets and I swear all that did was swap hair from one to the other. I think one went in cleaner than it came out. It looked like a shag blanket!! Of course then there are the horses that rub their heads on your arm and leave half a horse behind when they walk off. Uhg, the chickens are the least sheddy of the bunch! At least I don't track feathers everywhere I go.

UC

10. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Home, where pet hair is on everything..but the pet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by