Art Art Art!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by foREVer, Jun 29, 2011.

1. foREVer

foREVer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Some of my drawings from 2009~ if they look familiar, it is because they are based off of pictures of horses etc. I found on Google.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one HAS to be my favorite. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one took about 5 mins to draw... I don't know why I uploaded it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Very nice drawings. I always wished that I knew how to draw. [​IMG]

3. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Beautiful!

4. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Wonderful drawings. I wish I could draw but even my stick figures don't look like stick figures!!! My DS is very good at drawing. He's doodled on all his papers since kindergarten (drove me and his teachers nuts) but now his teachers are recommending that he takes an art class and other kids in class are always asking him to draw them things. He's in 10th grade and last year his ag teacher would hand out pictures to color - he would turn the paper over and draw his own pictures to color of whatever animal it was. I live vicariously through his talents!!

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very nice! I really, really like the last two! I am not very good at drawing horses at all. I always have a problem with the hooves! Heads I can do, sorta. Here is my latest one:

[​IMG]

6. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
  7. Silkiebawkbawk

Silkiebawkbawk Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Laveen, AZ
    Beautiful dressage horse!

8. foREVer

Mar 10, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Thanks for all the compliments!

I actually didn't do so great in Art class. I got a C-

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:I've had art classes that were terrible before. The teachers were way too critical about the student's work. I've had other teachers that encouraged us and graded us based on effort rather than how nice the project came out. So just because you didn't do well in an art class doesn't mean you are not an artist!

You should get yourself a nice little sketch book! That way you won't have any of those lines in your drawings should you ever decide to enter a piece in a contest or even hang it on your wall!

10. foREVer

Mar 10, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Quote:I've had art classes that were terrible before. The teachers were way too critical about the student's work. I've had other teachers that encouraged us and graded us based on effort rather than how nice the project came out. So just because you didn't do well in an art class doesn't mean you are not an artist!

You should get yourself a nice little sketch book! That way you won't have any of those lines in your drawings should you ever decide to enter a piece in a contest or even hang it on your wall!

I actually do have quite a few sketch books. My only reason for using the journal is because every. single. one. of my friends (or anyone who sees my drawings) accuses me of tracing bcause I base my drawings off popular images from the internet. Anyway, I used lined paper because you can't trace (or at least I can't) using lined paper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by